Thursday, February 28, 2013

'The lamb and I share a spiritual connection': Meet the 27-year-old who cannot live without her beloved stuffed toy

'The lamb and I share a spiritual connection': Meet the 27-year-old who cannot live without her beloved stuffed toy

  • Tonight's episode of My Strange Addiction also features a 19-year-old girl obsessed with eating deodorant

By Margot Peppers

|

On tonight's episode of TLC's My Strange Addiction, a 27-year-old woman shares her obsession with her stuffed toy lamb.

Ever since Audrey received the lamb as a gift five years ago, she has been unable to function without it, even bringing it to the gym with her when she works out.

'The lamb is my best friend,' she says in a trailer for the TLC show. 'I take it with me everywhere I go.'

Scroll down for video

he is really just carefree and adventurous and awesome

Obsessed: On tonight's episode of TLC's My Strange Addiction, 27-year-old Audrey has been unable to function without her stuffed toy lamb for the past five years

Stuffed lamb

Special bond: Audrey played with toys as a child, but none ever made her feel the way the blue lamb does

Audrey says she played with stuffed animals as a child, but nothing ever compared to how she feels about this blue lamb.

'The lamb just sort of spoke something to me that no other stuffed animal ever has before,' she explains.

And it's not just the typical human-toy relationship for Audrey. 

'I think the lamb and I share a spiritual connection,' she says. 'When I am looking into the lamb's eyes, I feel a sense of comfort and peace. I can just feel all the stress floating up and away.'

Stuffed lamb

Fun in the sand: She even takes her toy to the playground. 'The lamb loves to be outdoors,' she says

Stuffed lamb addiction

Pals: The lamb is Audrey's best friend. 'He is really just carefree and adventurous and awesome,' she gushes

Stuffed lamb

Doing exercise: In one shot, Audrey is seen working out on a treadmill with her lamb tucked into her fanny pack

The video sees Audrey smiling as her toy rides on the merry-go-round.

She takes it to a playground, reads it bedtime stories, brings it for a walk on the beach and even pretends to feed it.

In one shot, Audrey is seen working out on a treadmill with her lamb tucked into her fanny pack.

And although her sister Ansley calls her relationship with the lamb 'strange', Audrey maintains: 'He is really just carefree and adventurous and awesome.'

Tonight's episode also features a girl who is addicted to eating deodorant.

Nineteen-year-old Nicole, whose obsession began two years ago, now consumes 15 sticks of deodorant a month.

Stuffed lamb

More than a toy: 'I think the lamb and I share a spiritual connection,' Audrey says. 'When I am looking into the lamb's eyes, I feel a sense of comfort and peace'

Stuffed lamb

Toy pet: Audrey treats the lamb like a real animal, petting it and even feeding it cucumbers

Her addiction is so extreme that it has taken over her life.

'When I wake up in the morning I want deodorant,' she says in a trailer for the episode. 'After each meal I want deodorant. When I’m stressed out, I eat deodorant.'

Even in her sleep, Nicole can't shake her cravings. 'In the middle of the night, I wake up out of my sleep and I want deodorant,' she explains.

Nicole uses the cap to scoop it out from the stick like a spoon, then chews and swallows it.

And she buys specific brands of deodorant because she prefers the ones with a 'richer taste.'

eating deodorant

Bizarre craving: Also featured on tonight's episode is 19-year-old Nicole, who is addicted to eating deodorant

Eating deodorant

Odd behavior: Nicole uses the cap as a spoon and scoops out chunks of deodorant to chew on and swallow

'It’s really soft,' she says. 'It feels like it melts in my mouth. It has its own unique taste.'

Nicole first developed an urge to taste deodorant when she was four years old. But two years ago, her cravings turned into a full-fledged addiction.

She admits: 'I take deodorant with me everywhere I go, because I never know when I’m going to crave it.'

Nicole also uses spray deodorant to satisfy her addiction, which she says she likes even better because the residue doesn't get stuck in her teeth.

Eating deodorant

Unstoppable urge: Nicole also uses spray deodorant to satisfy her addiction, and says she even likes this version better because the residue doesn't get stuck in her teeth

Eating deodorant

Particular flavor: She buys specific brands of deodorant because she prefers the ones with a 'richer taste'

'The first time I did it, it made my tongue really numb for a couple of hours,' she says of using aerosol deodorant. 'But I just love the taste.'

Other bizarre addictions from the series include a woman who can't stop eating cat hair, a man in love with a car, and a couple with an unshakable penchant for coffee enemas.

  VIDEO  Woman, 27, who cannot live without her beloved stuffed toy 

  VIDEO  Woman addicted to deodorant eats chinks and sprays on her tongue

No comments:

Post a Comment