Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Declan Donnelly turns the air blue at the RTS awards with acceptance speech littered with the F-word

Declan Donnelly turns the air blue at the RTS awards with acceptance speech littered with the F-word

By Paul Revoir

|

He is famous for his clean cut on-screen image.

But Declan Donnelly showed another side of his character last night at an industry awards ceremony where he turned the air blue.

The pint-sized presenter, who fronts Saturday Night Takeaway and Britain’s Got Talent, took to the stage to collect an award with his presenting partner Anthony McPartlin.

But during his acceptance speech, the ITV star did an impression of an earlier award-winner Twenty Twelve actress Jessica Hynes, who had drawn gasps from the audience, with her expletive strewn appearance.

Scroll down for video

Rude and lewd: Declan Donnelly made a rather rude acceptance speech thankfully after the watershed at the Royal Television Society's Awards ion Wednesday

Rude and lewd: Declan Donnelly made a rather rude acceptance speech thankfully after the watershed at the Royal Television Society's Awards ion Wednesday

When collecting his own award Declan Donnelly mimicked her and said: ‘We did a film Alien Autopsy, but f**k film, f**k film, f**K that. F**k film. Jessica you know what I am talking about f**k film, it’s all about the telly.’

In collecting the best entertainment performance award, he also joked: ‘F**k writers’

This came after Miss Hynes has stunned the crowd at the prestigious event at London’s Grosvenor House hotel with her wayward and foul-mouthed speech when she collected her prize for best comedy performance.

Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly Royal Television Society Awards, departures, Grosvenor House Hotel

Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly Royal Television Society Awards, departures, Grosvenor House Hotel

In it she hit out at the film industry and took a swipe at the host of the awards ceremony Jo Brand.
As Miss Hynes went up to collect the award for best comedy performance she kept imploring fellow nominee Ruth Jones to join her on stage.

Comic actress and writer Jessica Hynes kickstarted the trend for foulmouthed speeches on the night

Rant: Comic actress and writer Jessica Hynes kickstarted the trend for foulmouthed speeches on the night

When she finally got to the microphone she said:  ‘How can anybody judge Ruth Jones, Jack Whitehall, Jessica Hynes, where…..how do you f******g judge that, I really don’t know….

‘I am massively honoured to be awarded this really weighty award….For heaven’s sake. Ruth Jones what an extraordinary comedian she is…What a f******g woman she  is, to go from character, comedy, to drama to f******g, you know, rejuvenating the film industry in Cardiff, along with Doctor Who obviously, they mainly do that but Ruth also did it as well.’

She went on: ‘But you know phenomenal to be in an award category with her..and Jack Whitehall. No I do like Jack, I do like Jack, but you are young and you are male…No you are quite funny, you are quite funny.

‘You got a long f*****g way to go, a long way to go my friend. But yeah. Not bad. You’re Ok. ‘

She then went into a rant about the merits of TV over film. Miss Hynes former comedy partner Simon Pegg is now a Hollywood film star, but it was unclear what prompted her diatribe.

She declared: ‘I love television, I love it and everyone goes on about film. They are like “films” â€" f**k film. F**k films. “I make a film, I make a film” â€" f**k them…”I make a film, my god, I make a f******g film” â€" who gives a f*****g a shit, I couldn’t give a s**t. I don’t give a f******g s**t. I don’t give a s**t.

Television is my f******g heart. It is my f******g heart. I love it. I love it.’

She then claimed Jo Brand was ‘a bit jealous. I am getting some laughs’.

Other award winners on the night included Clare Balding who won the best presenter prize and the judges award went to Danny Boyle for his Olympic opening ceremony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment