Friday, January 25, 2013

Kristen Stewart, Nicole Kidman and Marion Cotillard go make-up free in W magazines's 'Brightest Stars' shoot

Kristen Stewart, Nicole Kidman and Marion Cotillard go make-up free in W magazines's 'Brightest Stars' shoot

By Jade Watkins

|

They are usually seen made-up within an inch of their lives - often with the aid of the airbrushed.

But Hollywood leading ladies Kristen Stewart, Nicole Kidman and Marion Cotillard are completely unmasked in a new photo shoot for W magazine.

The three women, along with several other actors, go mostly make-up free and pared down as they pose for famed photographer Juergen Teller as the publication celebrates the year's brightest stars.

Pared down: Kristen Stewart is unmasked as she poses in a new photo shoot for W magazine make-up free

Pared down: Kristen Stewart is unmasked as she poses in a new photo shoot for W magazine make-up free

Twilight star Kristen looks comfortable being her grittier self as she slips into a studded white strapless dress.

The 24-year-old also sports slight bags under her eyes as she braves the camera lens without a hint of make-up.

In an accompanying interview with the magazine, the actress touches on her nude scenes in her latest movie, On The Road.

She says that being naked in the film wasn't nearly as hard as the dancing scenes she had to perform with co-star Garrett Hedlund.

Kristen says that whilst recently promoting the movie, the focus was always on her nakedness.

Au naturel: Dressed in sheer black, Nicole Kidman also looks stunning with her strawberry locks coiffed in curls and her complexion au naturel

Au naturel: Dressed in sheer black, Nicole Kidman also looks stunning with her strawberry locks coiffed in curls and her complexion au naturel

Fresh as a daisy: Make-up free Marion Cotillard is snapped as she emerges out of the shower

Fresh as a daisy: Make-up free Marion Cotillard is snapped as she emerges out of the shower

'Everyone asks about the nude scenes in On the Road, but I also had to dance, and dancing is harder than being naked,' she says.  

'My character, Marylou, is so exuberant, and I had five minutes to do something that showed she was sort of like the craziest motherf***er around.

'In the book, it says, "Dean takes Marylou and they do a love dance and no one can take their eyes off them."

Blonde beauty: Naomi Watts, who dons a skimpy halterneck top, poses cheekily on a bed

Blonde beauty: Naomi Watts, who dons a skimpy halterneck top, poses cheekily on a bed

Piercing eyes: Jessica Chastain and Kiera Knightley pierce the camera with their searing eyes

'It’s one sentence. And I was mad-intimidated by it. We did the dance four times to the song Salt Peanuts.

'By the end, I was as red as a fire truck. I was holding onto Garrett [Hedlund] because I was going to fall over. I almost passed out every single time.'

Also joining Kristen in the special shoot is actress Naomi Watts, who dons a skimpy halterneck top as she poses cheekily on a bed, again without a scrap of make-up.

Gaunt: Matthew McConaughey is seen with the slim frame he had whilst filming The Dallas Buyers Club

Gaunt: Matthew McConaughey is seen with the slim frame he had whilst filming The Dallas Buyers Club

Cowboy: Lincoln star Daniel Day-Lewis poses in his Western-style winter boots

Cowboy: Lincoln star Daniel Day-Lewis poses in his Western-style winter boots

The 44-year-old actress tells the magazine that she's lucky because she never gets recognised on the street when her appearance is usually pared down.

The actress, who is known for her ice blonde hair and big blue eyes, says that it's her husband Liev Schreiber who garners most of the attention in their down time.

'I never get recognized on the street. I’m lucky that way. People see me as the dolled-up movie-star type on the red carpet, but in real life, I don’t look anything like that,' she says.

'I blend easily into a crowd. My husband, Liev Schreiber, is really distinct, and quite often people push me aside to get to him.

Rugged up: Jarvier Bardem and Phillip Seymour Hoffman also pose in raw images

'They’ll say, "Isn’t that the guy…?" and list off all his credits. They will then ask, "Can you take a photo of us?" They have no idea who I am.'

Dressed in sheer black, Nicole Kidman also looks stunning with her strawberry locks coiffed in curls and her complexion au naturel.

The Australian star describes the moment she got hooked on acting when she was just a little girl at school.

The Oscar-winning star says that despite not getting any parts in her school play, she made up her own - a sheep who sat next to baby Jesus.

Funny stuff: Jack Black once again larks around for his frame

Funny stuff: Jack Black once again larks around for his frame

'The first part I played was in the Nativity play at school. I auditioned for an angel and didn’t get it.

'I auditioned for Mary and didn’t get it. So I made up the character of the sheep who sat next to the baby Jesus.

'I wore a calico head thing that my mom made, and I bleated through the whole thing and got my first laugh.

'And that was itâ€"I was hooked. That became a metaphor for my whole career: Every time I’ve thought, Oh, I should be Mary, I somehow go and find something offbeat and different.'

Meanwhile, Zero Dark Thirty star Jessica Chastain complements her own green eyes as she slips into a sea foam and black strapless gown.

The Oscar-nominated actress says she prefers to play a fighter, not a lover in her movies.

'It’s easier to do an action scene than a love scene,' she says. I love fighting. When the camera’s not rolling, I’ll usually punch some of the actors, just for fun.'

Made-up: Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman are seen recently on the red-carpet made-up and dressed to the nines

 

No comments:

Post a Comment